Are you new to Web Analytics? Do you need to brush-up on specific topics? Are you looking for ways to improve your company’s analytics strategy? If so, here is a list of several podcasts and blogs that will help you accomplish your goal and keep you up-to-date on current industry trends.
• Beyond Web Analytics! Podcasts – Beyond Web Analytics! is one of the most popular podcasts for the analytics industry. The hosts, industry experts Adam Greco, Rudi Shumpert, and Justin Cutroni, discuss current trends, review books, and summarize conferences with guest hosts “from the analytic and measure communities.”[i] Past topics include Google Analytics, Mobile Analytics, the book Social Media Metrics Secrets, career development, eMetrics conference recap, and analytics implementation tricks and tips. Listeners can submit questions for the team to address in an upcoming podcast. It is important to note that episodes are not uploaded on a regular basis; so, sometimes months pass before a new episode is available. Visit Beyond Web Analytics! to subscribe, download past episodes, submit a question, and to learn more information.
• Other Podcasts – Some one-off or recently launched podcasts are available online and contain useful material. Penn State Professor Gary L. Lilien, for example, recorded an episode, Marketing Analytics: A Must for Retailers and Manufacturers, for the Science of Better: Crunching the Numbers podcast series. He focused on the large number of Fortune 1000 companies that do not use analytics when making marketing decisions. A podcast of the speech can be found here. Web Analytics World published its first podcast Google’s “Big Data”…I Mean “Universal” Plans for Analytics Domination in December. The podcast is available on iTunes.
• Web Analytics Demystified – Web Analytics Demystified “has become the unrivaled leader in strategic web analytics consulting…[and] provides thought-leadership to the digital measurement community.”[ii] The site offers visitors free access to its white papers, presentations, list of web analytics vendors, and electronic versions of its books, Web Analytics Demystified and The Big Book of Key Performance Indicators. Topics covered in the white papers and presentations include steps on how to build a culture of analytics and measurement, an overview of the web analytics business process, and tips “to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and trustworthiness.”[iii] The site also includes a blog with posts authored by the staff of Web Analytics Demystified, which is made up of industry experts.
• Web Analytics World – Web Analytics World “is recognized as…one of the world’s leading blog and news sites in its sector.”[iv] In addition to blog posts, the site features video and text guides that explain Digital Marketing, Social Media, Web Analytics, and Online Commercialization “in as friendly and jargon-free language as [they] can manage.”[v] The site also offers information about job openings in the industry.
• Digital Analytics Association – The Digital Analytics Association website features latest industry news and research articles and includes information about online web analytics courses, upcoming symposiums and workshops, membership in the DAA and DAA certification for web analysts. The site also has a blog with posts authored by DAA leadership.
• Occam’s Razor – Occam’s Razor is written by Avinash Kaushik, the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google and Co-Founder of Market Motive. Recent blog posts include Mobile Marketing 2015: Rethink Customer Acquisition, Google Analytics Tips: 10 Data Analysis Strategies That Pay Off Big!, and Is Your Brand Magnificent at Digital Marketing? A Diagnostic Framework.
[i] Beyond Web Analytics podcast series on iTunes. Available: https://itunes.apple.com/ee/podcast/beyond-web-analytics!-podcast/id339892187
[ii] Web Analytics Demystified. Available: http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/index.asp
[iii] “Data Quality and the Digital World” on Web Analytics Demystified. Available: http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/content/white-papers.asp
[iv] “About Us.” Web Analytics World. Available: http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/about-us
[v] “About Us.” Web Analytics World. Available: http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/about-us